Makeup Artistry Course
Makeup Artistry Certificate Program
The International College of Cosmetology is a MAC approved school dedicated to providing our students with an enriching, fast paced certificate program. With limited exceptions, a license (i.e. Skin care, cosmetology, etc.) is required to charge for makeup application and styling.
The world of makeup artistry is continually continually growing and opening new opportunities for emerging professionals. In the pages of the fashion magazines, and on the faces of celebrities on the big screen, makeup artists make their mark in the exciting world of beauty. A career in makeup artistry can help you break into the media makeup, print, video, music, runway, film, television and bridal industries.
What You Can Learn
Students who complete our makeup artistry certification course can learn the following, with an opportunity to further their education with units in media makeup and airbrushing, and permanent makeup application.
- Basic Makeup Application: glamour, natural, runway etc…, sanitation practices, corrective techniques
- Retail and Product Knowledge: learn the ins and outs of provided products, gain brand awareness and make reliable recommendations to your clients
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Color Theory and Application
Once you receive your Makeup Artist Certification you can be prepared to work in a variety of settings including but not limited to:
- Freelance consulting and artistry
- Retail settings such as makeup counters and cosmetic stores
- Platform Artist
- Brand Representative,
- Media and Entertainment establishments.
This course is offered on Saturdays only, and new sessions begin monthly. Call 510-261-8256 for more information. We can help you start your career as a professional makeup artist today!
Check out our list of other programs here!